We are the Child Development Centre, a limited company registered in England and Wales whose company number is 07292330. Our address is 31 Webbs Road, London SW11 6RU.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
You can contact us by writing to us at the above address, calling us on 0207 23 4321 or emailing us at email@example.com
This policy and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, how we will treat it and the cookies that we use. By visiting www.thechildcentre.com (Website and Site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
If you are a parent or guardian whose child is to make use of our Site then you agree and accept that this policy will also apply to that child’s use of the Site and any reference to “you” also means reference to that child.
Our privacy and cookies policies are written in compliance with and subject to English Law only.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is the Child Development Centre.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site, by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including [the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those on our Site or those services which you have searched;
to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us;
to notify you about changes to our service;
to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
• Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
• Selected third parties including:
business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, including any third party payment providers;
advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience];
analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Child Development Centre , our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find out more information about the individual cookies we use and the purpose for which we use them in the table below.
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users|
|_gid||24 hours||Used to distinguish users|
|_gat||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate|
|AMP_TOKEN||30 seconds to 1 year||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve client ID from AMP client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a client ID from AMP client ID service|
|_gac_||90 days||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytic and Adwords accounts, Adwords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out|
|PHPSESSID||End of session||Used to distinguish users|
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Any changes we make to our privacy and cookies policy in the future will be posted on this page.